Raspberry Rhubarb Almond Bars (Gluten Free + Paleo)
- Course Dessert
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Servings 16 bars
- Author Rachel Conners
For the crust
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the topping
- ¾ cup (110g) unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoons (70g) coconut oil, solid
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb cut into 1″ thick slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8” square pan with parchment paper. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, salt, and melted coconut oil until fully combined, and there’s no dry flour remaining. Press the crust evenly in the pan.
- In your food processor or blender, grind the almonds, tapioca flour, salt, and coconut sugar to a powder (or as fine as you can make it). Add the coconut oil and process until no longer visible. Add the egg and vanilla, blending until completely incorporated, and a smooth paste is formed. Spread the filling evenly over the almond crust.
- Toss the fruit with the lemon zest and juice, and evenly spread over the almond paste.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until set and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Keep any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Adapted from The Brick Kitchen’s Recipe from The bakerita.com